Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you thankful for this year?

Don’t even get me started this year. Though it has been a difficult year in some ways, I have also seen many blessings. Below are a few of the things I am truly grateful for this year.

My best friend in the world, more like the sister I never had, survived cancer with flying colors. Though she is still undergoing chemo, she is almost finished and they got it all out during surgery.

My husband retired from the Navy in July and is now enjoying his new position at a civilian hospital not too far away. How he found a Monday through Friday Nine-to-Five job, I’ll never know, but he did and he loves it.

My little one started Kindergarten in September and is having a great time and enjoying school, while my older child is a stellar Fourth Grader having passed his CMT’s with advanced and top of the school goal scores.

As for me, I’m ploughing along with the National Novel Writing Month contest (which I should be doing right now!), and gaining writing clients every day. The new blog, Caffeinated Writer, is up and running and time will tell if it is as successful as Writing Military Mom, the other blog.

Plans for the future? I plan on completing my next novel in 2010 and spending more time with my beautiful boys before they grow up and leave home. Life is short and I want to be a full-time novelist “when I grow up.” I am off to move forward on that goal, but wanted to stop for a moment to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, near and far. Most of all to the soldiers and sailors serving our country, their families who support them and all of the veterans who have served before them. Thank you a million times for your service to our country.

Rosemary

No comments:

Post a Comment