Friday, November 13, 2009

NaNo, NaNo, it’s off to Panera’s I go…

I did it, and I should actually be doing it now, but I wanted to shout it from the rooftops first!! I went to my very first NaNoWriMo write-in. It was very productive despite the interruption by a sweet old gentleman during our Word War. Yes, I said Word War. I know I’m a geek, but it was cool. Someone timed us and everyone tried to write as many words as possible. The winner received the small handful of dollars we put in as the prize. (I think it was $6 total.)

When I thought about schlepping out to Panera’s in North Haven, I decided that one hour of writing toward my NaNo… goal of 50K words was better than NO hours – so I went. And I’m glad I did! I ended up writing 3000 more words and meeting a few other participants from the Connecticut Shoreline NaNoWriMo regional group.

In five minutes, I am literally stopping all work to continue toward my goal. Wish me luck! Oh, yeah, and read the book when it’s published.

No comments:

Post a Comment